Monday, May 4, 2009

Resin, rings, and some more things found

{colorful resin rings by Jasmine Scott
and the "Blop" ring by Germany's Alessandra Pizzini}

Sorry, I couldn't help but post these wonderful rings I found.
I first found Jasmine Scott through her Etsy account, her rings are like none others. I then later discovered her website, where she displays all of her other work, where you can also purchase any rings. She spends hours creating each one, and if I had the money, I'd buy them all.
The Carrot Box, as I talked about before, is where I discovered the "Blop" ring by Alessandra Pizzini. I might have posted this ring because I like the name so much, but that's beside the point.
If I could make this ring easily, I would.

I'm planning on making a few more ring designs soon, and one design was inspired by a snowglobe. I'll tell you more about that later. 
I ran out of resin on Friday. I have about 2 rings to make before it's all gone. I plan to go buy some soon, and maybe a better quality. The kind I had was all bubbly, and the clear rings turned out frosty. Right after I removed a few rings from their molds, I found a tiny little shop selling mostly train and airplane models, and the tiny things to add on to it. There, I found exactly what I was looking for: tiny little plastic people! I got the 'window shoppers' set, and they're all looking around everywhere. The set was over 11 dollars for only about 6 of them! I almost stopped moving when I saw how expensive they were, considering how much plastic goes into them. My alchemy bid for them didn't go well, and I still can't find any little penguins, my favorites. I'm thinking the rings will kinda creep me out, though, them sitting there all frozen, immobile and tiny-like. Shudder.
Well, I'll keep posting as much as I can, but for now, I'm only running out of time. See you later!

2 comments:

  1. did you make the molds for your rings yourself or did you find them somewhere? if you found them somewhere, could you please let me know where?

    I really want to start making rings, but I really am not good with making molds. I've made three, and all three attempts failed. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. had fun looking at your blog, I spend all day perusing resin stuff online
    kellybean, resin obsession just posted about making ring molds but keep trying at making them! there's some good demos on youtube

    ReplyDelete