Saturday, April 18, 2009

Through the forest

My friend Liv and I hiked down the ravine yesterday.

{through the looking glass}
{moss}
We were planning to go through the trail I discovered a while back, but ended up exploring off to another unknown place, and somehow we found another creek.
We kinda traveled up the creek, until we couldn't get over all the logs and fallen trees ahead. We didn't notice until later that we had been walking in the water the whole time.

So we walked back down the creek until we got to the bridge, then started down the other trail. We wandered off pretty far. We sat on the bridge over the big stream. Climbing on the edges and railings, we almost fell in. 
We almost headed back until we decided we should go farther. So we did. A tiny trail lead to big pools of water, with thousands of little tiny pebbles. The ground was wet, and our feet sunk in when we walked on it. It was like a tiny beach, only no ocean. Just waterfalls and large pools of water rushing downhill.

{moss}

We headed home before it got dark, but made plans to come back again. We started running through the trees when we saw this guy who wasn't moving.

I haven't been working on many rings lately, It's been really busy. I also have to go get some more resin, I'm running out. We brought home some tiny plants and tiny pine cones that we could immerse in resin to make rings. I'll work on them later. But I did make a clear ring with moss in it, but you couldn't see anything in the photos.
I'll keep posting soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment